3D Tube laser machine
Tube laser cutting, May 2014 a new installation.
Since 2003 we use laser technology for tubes, we were among the first in Italy to believe in this path. From today our machines park can count on a new plant that increases our capacity both in volume and in quality.
The machine is among the best in the sector and is built by the Japanese Mazak, renowned primarily for machining centers. It has a Panasonic resonator that ranks at the top of the category for performance and quality.
The plant can process pipes from a minimum diameter of 20 mm to a maximum of 220 mm (8 inches). Or squares, rectangles and open profiles like beams whose larger diagonal is equal to or less than 220 mm. It is equipped with a 2.5 kw resonator and can work different types of materials: steel, stainless steel and aluminum alloys.
Special technical facts
This laser tube cutter stands out for several unique technical aspects:
- Cutting head tilting up to 45 ° which means being able to perform 3D cuts thanks to the integration with the other axes of the machine.
- Possibility to work bars up to 8 meters. In addition, for pieces processed over one meter in length, the fixed waste of material is zero, this is a significant plus compared to the competition.
- Unit of measurement for checking the linearity of the bar and ensuring coaxial holes on the opposite faces of the piece.
- Integrated tapping unit to be able not only to drill but also to thread the piece without requiring expensive manual shots of the same.
- Total integration with the company’s IT system to reduce start-up times and downtime. Remotely perform the diagnosis to define the scheduled maintenance intervals with the parent company. In the end, a machine ready for industry 4.0