3D tube laser cutting
In May 2014 we put into operation a new laser tube cutting system with 3D technology.
We have been using laser technology for tubes since 2003, we were among the first in Italy to believe in this path. From today the company can count on a new plant that increases our capacity both in volume and in the quality of the department.
The machine is among the best in the industry and is built by the Japanese Mazak, renowned in the first place for machining centers. It has a Panasonic resonator that is at the top of the category for performance, quality and reliability.
The plant can process pipes from a minimum diameter of 20 mm to a maximum of 220 mm (8 inches). Or squares, rectangles and open profiles as beams whose largest diagonal is equal to or less than 220 mm. It is equipped with a 2.5 Kw resonator and can process different types of materials: steel, stainless steel and aluminum alloys.
Peculiar technical aspects
This tube laser cutter stands out for several unique technical aspects in its category:
- A cutting head tiltable up to 45 ° which means being able to perform 3D cuts thanks to the integration with the other axes of the machine.
- The ability to work bars up to 8 meters. Furthermore, for pieces over one meter in length, the fixed material deviation is zero. This is a peculiar trait that sets us apart from the competition.
- A unit of measurement for verifying the linearity of the bar and therefore guaranteeing the coaxiality of the holes on the opposite faces of the piece.
- An integrated tapping unit to be able not only to drill but also to thread the piece without having to make expensive manual restarts of the same
- Total integration with the company IT system to reduce start-up and machine downtime. The diagnosis is carried out remotely to define the scheduled maintenance intervals with the parent company. In the end it is a machine ready for industry 4.0